A dear neighbor gave me a pot of this delicious chili, and I asked for the recipe. The pork sausage is a nice change from the ground beef many chili recipes call for. —Janice Westmoreland, Brooksville, Florida
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope chili seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20 minutes, stirring often. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as 30-Minute Chili in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p104
Reviews for Quick Pork Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review