A dear neighbor gave me a pot of this delicious chili, and I asked for the recipe. The pork sausage is a nice change from the ground beef many chili recipes call for. —Janice Westmoreland, Brooksville, Florida
Featured In: 17 Chili Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope chili seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20 minutes, stirring often. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as 30-Minute Chili in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p104
Reviews for Quick Pork Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2017
"Easy, quick, and a crowd pleaser.We had a very cold weekend here in the South and I decided to give this a try and everyone loved it...added some cornbread, and 'fixins' for folks to add in and we were ready for an evening by the wood burning stove and to break out the DVDs!"
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2012
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2008
"this is great,however I used rotel tomatoes. Is this ok?"