Quick Pizza Soup Recipe
My kids first sampled this soup in the school cafeteria. They couldn't stop talking about it, so I knew I had to get the recipe. This quick and easy soup warms us up on cold winter evenings. - Penny Lanxon, Newell, Iowa
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 cans (26 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 6-1/2 cups water
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the soup, water, spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add cheese; cook and stir until melted. Garnish with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
1 serving (1 each) equals 164 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 623 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC