Quick Pizza Soup
My kids first sampled this soup in the school cafeteria. They couldn't stop talking about it, so I knew I had to get the recipe. This quick and easy soup warms us up on cold winter evenings. - Penny Lanxon, Newell, Iowa
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 cans (26 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 6-1/2 cups water
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add the soup, water, spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning;
- bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add cheese; cook and
- stir until melted. Garnish with additional cheese if desired. Yield:
- 16 servings (4 quarts).
Make Quick Pizza Soup a complete satisfying meal by serving it with grilled cheese or sub sandwiches.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 164 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 623 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.