My kids first sampled this soup in the school cafeteria. They couldn't stop talking about it, so I knew I had to get the recipe. This quick and easy soup warms us up on cold winter evenings. - Penny Lanxon, Newell, Iowa
Recommended: 45 Comfort Food Mashups
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (26 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 6-1/2 cups water
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the soup, water, spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add cheese; cook and stir until melted. Garnish with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
Originally published as Quick Pizza Soup in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p155
Reviews for Quick Pizza Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2013
"Fantastic..they serve this recipe at our elementary schools, and it is more than a hit.."
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2009
"I served with some fresh baked garlic bread topped with mozzerella cheese. Very good combination! Family loved this recipe!"