Quick Pizza Sandwiches Recipe
I REMEMBER coming up with this recipe years ago after a full day of activity and the need for a quickie supper. These robust subs are great and served with a salad and deli pickles, the meal is complete...my husband's favorite and my grandchildren's, too.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, mix the beef and seasonings just until combined. Divide into six portions; shape each into a 1-1/2-in. patty.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Pour pizza sauce over patties and heat through. Spoon onto French bread; sprinkle with cheese. Cut into sandwiches. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 573 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 1428mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 38g protein.
Reviews for Quick Pizza Sandwiches
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC