- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, mix the beef and seasonings just until combined. Divide into six portions; shape each into a 1-1/2-in. patty.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Pour pizza sauce over patties and heat through. Spoon onto French bread; sprinkle with cheese. Cut into sandwiches. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Quick Pizza Sandwiches in Reminisce Extra September 2006, p52
Reviews for Quick Pizza Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review