Quick Pizza Rolls Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 French rolls
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, garlic, sugar, Italian seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Cut 1/4 in. off the top of each roll; set aside. Carefully hollow out bottom of roll, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use). Fill each roll with 1/2 cup meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses. Replace bread tops.
- Place desired amount of sandwiches on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Individually wrap remaining sandwiches tightly in foil; freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen sandwiches: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Place foil-wrapped sandwiches on baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Quick Pizza Rolls(6)
Sort By :
My husband and I thought this was so-so. Interesting idea, but a bit bland. I agree to use Spaghetti sauce and ditch the tomato sauce and paste. This would be perfect for kids!
This was quite nummy on a cold fall day after hanging lights outside! Would definitely have again. Quick and easy!
At out house every Friday night is pizza and a movie. I was looking for something differant and came across this receipe and it is the best.........has great taste and even after it is frozen it is like you just made it. Was not sure the hubby would like it since it is not the traditional pizza but he loved it and I will make it again.
Just double the recipe right off the bat; so that you have plenty in the freezer.
I love recipes like this because they are so easy to adjust. I used turkey instead of beef and added a layer of cheese before adding the meat mixture. My kids like things fairly plain so they love this. They take the top off to eat the crunchy cheesy bite by itself then eat the roll like an open face sandwich. For anyone wanting more flavor use spices accordingly.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Kids Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >