Quick Pizza Rolls Recipe
This is a great way to make pizzas for a slumber party or movie night. We love that you can individually thaw and bake them one at a time. —Debbie Gray, Gilbert, Iowa
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 French rolls
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, garlic, sugar, Italian seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Cut 1/4 in. off the top of each roll; set aside. Carefully hollow out bottom of roll, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use). Fill each roll with 1/2 cup meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses. Replace bread tops.
- 3. Place desired amount of sandwiches on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Individually wrap remaining sandwiches tightly in foil; freeze for up to 3 months.
- 4. To use frozen sandwiches: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Place foil-wrapped sandwiches on baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pizza roll equals 415 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 903 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC