- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
6 French RollsAn easy holiday side ALDI has what you need to make quick and easy rolls this holiday season.
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, garlic, sugar, Italian seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Cut 1/4 in. off the top of each roll; set aside. Carefully hollow out bottom of roll, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use). Fill each roll with 1/2 cup meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses. Replace bread tops.
- Place desired amount of sandwiches on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Individually wrap remaining sandwiches tightly in foil; freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen sandwiches: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Place foil-wrapped sandwiches on baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Quick Pizza Rolls
Sort By :
"I used italian sausage and ground it up and also used pizza sauce instead of the tomatoe sauce"
"My husband and I thought this was so-so. Interesting idea, but a bit bland. I agree to use Spaghetti sauce and ditch the tomato sauce and paste. This would be perfect for kids!"
"This was quite nummy on a cold fall day after hanging lights outside! Would definitely have again. Quick and easy!"
"At out house every Friday night is pizza and a movie. I was looking for something differant and came across this receipe and it is the best.........has great taste and even after it is frozen it is like you just made it. Was not sure the hubby would like it since it is not the traditional pizza but he loved it and I will make it again."
"Just double the recipe right off the bat; so that you have plenty in the freezer."