Hot pepper sauce and a jalapeno pepper give this snappy sauce just the right amount of zip. It makes a great dip for tortilla chips or a tangy sauce for tacos and fajitas. "This is always a big hit at parties and office gathering," writes Barbara Sellers of Shreveport, Louisiana. "I even make it for my mother when she needs to bring a dip to a party."
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and halved
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- Tortilla chips
- In a blender, combine the first 10 ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Quick Picante Sauce in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p16
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Quick Picante Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 15, 2013