Quick Pepperoni Caesar Salad
Here's a hearty salad that's just big enough for two. "It makes a wonderful fast meal coupled with warm soup and a loaf of crusty bread," says Nancy Stock of Minock, Illinois.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cups torn lettuce
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed avocado
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 3/4 cup salad croutons
- 1/4 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- On two salad plates, arrange the lettuce, pepperoni, tomato, avocado,
- eggs and croutons. Drizzle with salad dressing; sprinkle with
- Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 531 calories, 43 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 256 mg cholesterol, 1,287 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.