Quick Pecan Pie Bars
For her time-saving take on pecan pie, Shirley Conklin from Salsbury Cove, Maine turns to convenient crescent roll dough. Served with coffee, the thin golden squares are ideal as a sweet breakfast treat or a rich after-dinner dessert.
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon milk
- Unroll crescent dough into a rectangle; press onto the bottom and 1/2
- in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Seal seams
- and perforations. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over
- the crust. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Cool completely before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 97 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.