Quick Peanut Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced green pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Stir-fry onion and peppers in remaining oil for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Quick Peanut Chicken Stir Fry
Sort By :
"I have made this recipe many times since finding it! It's a quick and easy meal that is very tasty. I like a lot of veggies in my dishes so I also add fresh broccoli and califlower to it. If I am in a hurry I add frozen stir-fry veggies. Great for leftovers too!"
"We have made this a couple times and it tastes great and is easy make. We make it to take to others for dinner."
"I doubled up on the sauce except for the peanut butter. This is a great recipe. I made it twice in one week."
"It was okay fresh, but I wasn't even tempted by the leftovers."
"This was an excellent meal. My family loved it. I will be making this again soon."