It takes just 30 minutes to put this delicious peanut-buttery stir-fry on the table. Kids will love the flavor, and adults will like how quickly it comes together. For a spicier dish, add a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced green pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Stir-fry onion and peppers in remaining oil for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p7
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Quick Peanut Chicken Stir Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review