- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced green pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Stir-fry onion and peppers in remaining oil for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Quick Peanut Chicken Stir Fry
"I don't know what peanut butter you used tried twice with jif and planters both time uneatable followed recipe to a tee. Have a Chinese shop down the road with this sauce it is unbeatable. Guess I gotta have it there."
"Excellent recipe. I did not change a thing except to add about 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes to the sauce , as suggested , because we like things a tad spicy. It is also a very pretty presentation with the red and green peppers. I also cooked the vegetables a little longer because we are not fond of vegetables that are too crisp tender."
"It took way longer than 30 minutes to make with prep time. But it was delicious"
"I have made this recipe many times since finding it! It's a quick and easy meal that is very tasty. I like a lot of veggies in my dishes so I also add fresh broccoli and califlower to it. If I am in a hurry I add frozen stir-fry veggies. Great for leftovers too!"
"We have made this a couple times and it tastes great and is easy make. We make it to take to others for dinner."