Quick Peanut Butter Squares
"This recipe is so quick to make and uses ingredients usually found in ample supply in my cupboard," notes Marsha Murray of Niverville, Manitoba. "The chocolate-topped bars are a great take-along for potlucks and showers. They always disappear fast," she assures.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the peanut butter, brown sugar,
- corn syrup and butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds
- or until butter is melted. Stir in vanilla until combined. Add
- cereal; mix well. Spread into a greased 8-in. square pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips; stir until
- smooth. Spread over cereal mixture. Refrigerate until chocolate is
- set. Cut into squares. Yield: 16 squares.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 221 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.