Quick Peach Cobbler
"This delightful dessert can be stirred up while your oven preheats, so it's a snap to make for unexpected visitors," advises Linda Emery of Tuckerman, Arkansas. "Canned peaches make it even more convenient."
10-12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced peaches, undrained
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Ice cream, optional
- Pour butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour peaches with
- juice over butter. In a bowl, combine flour and sugar. Add milk and
- beat until smooth. Pour batter evenly over peaches. Sprinkle with
- nutmeg. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve
- warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 206 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.