Quick Pea Soup
This brightly colored, fresh-tasting soup is one of our daughter's favorites," writes Paula Zsiray of Logan, Utah. "She purees it in the blender in just seconds, then 'zaps' a mugful in the microwave until heated through."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups milk, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place the peas and 1/4 cup of milk in a blender; cover and process
- until pureed. Pour into a large saucepan; add salt if desired,
- pepper and remaining milk. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until
- heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1-cup serving (prepared with skim milk and without salt) equals 137 calories, 200 mg sodium, 3 mg cholesterol, 22 gm carbohydrate, 11 gm protein, 1 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 skim milk.