Quick Pea Soup
This brightly colored, fresh-tasting soup is one of our daughter's favorites," writes Paula Zsiray of Logan, Utah. "She purees it in the blender in just seconds, then 'zaps' a mugful in the microwave until heated through."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas (about 6 ounces), thawed
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Place peas and 1/4 cup milk in a blender; cover and process until
- pureed. Transfer to a small saucepan.
- Add pepper and, if desired, salt; stir in remaining milk. Cook over
- medium heat 4-6 minutes or until heated through, stirring
- frequently. Yield: 2 servings.