Quick Pantry Salad Recipe
One morning a few years back, I suddenly remembered I needed to bring a salad for that day's Bible study luncheon. I headed to the pantry, pulled together ingredients and created this recipe.
- 4-1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Combine mayonnaise, milk and seasonings in a small bowl. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Yield: 16-18 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 232 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Quick Pantry Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC