Orange juice and grated orange peel lend a citrusy touch to this colorful pork-and-vegetable medley shared by Kathleen Romaniuk of Chomedey, Quebec.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Oriental-style stir-fry vegetables
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and orange juice until smooth. Stir in the teriyaki sauce, mustard, ginger, garlic and orange peel; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm. Add vegetables to the pan; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until tender.Stir orange juice mixture; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in pork. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange Pork Stir Fry in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Quick Orange Pork Stir Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review