Quick Orange Glazed Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 3 to 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a skillet, saute chicken in butter for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with salt if desired, pepper and ginger. Stir in carrots and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and orange juice until smooth. Stir in marmalade, brown sugar and lemon juice; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Quick Orange Glazed Chicken
Sort By :
Excellent taste. I felt the orange carrots with the orange sauce lacked appeal. Plan to use snow peas next time.
Nice healthy alternative. Marmalade and orange juice give it a fresh citrusy taste.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >