Quick Orange Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in the orange juice, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar and sesame oil; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1 teaspoon canola oil over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until juices run clear; remove and keep warm. Stir-fry the red pepper, peas, onion, orange peel and garlic in remaining oil for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Return chicken to the pan.
- 3. Stir orange juice mixture; pour over chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups (calculated without rice) equals 303 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 820 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Quick Orange Chicken Stir-Fry
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.