Quick Onion Bread Recipe
"I'm always looking for nifty ingredients like hot pepper sauce to jazz up biscuit mix," writes Faith Siegrist from Lititz, Pennsylvania. Warm wedges of this low-fuss round loaf are an ideal match with most any entree.
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients (mixture will be lumpy). Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate. Drizzle butter over top. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 139 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Quick Onion Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC