Quick Oatmeal Raisin Pancakes Recipe
I found this pancake recipe in a newspaper nearly 50 years ago and have used it ever since. —Karel Hurt, Cortez, Colorado
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In a small bowl, combine oats and buttermilk; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in egg substitute and oil; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir in the wet ingredients just until moistened; add raisins.
- 3. Pour batter by heaping 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 12 pancakes.
2 pancakes equals 274 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 505 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC