Quick Oatmeal Raisin Pancakes
I found this pancake recipe in a newspaper nearly 50 years ago and have used it ever since. —Karel Hurt, Cortez, Colorado
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min./ batch
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a small bowl, combine oats and buttermilk; let stand for 5
- minutes. Stir in egg substitute and oil; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking
- soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir in the wet ingredients just until
- moistened; add raisins.
- Pour batter by heaping 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with
- cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side
- is golden brown. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 2 pancakes equals 274 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 505 mg sodium,