Like the classic French salad Nicoise, I pack my salad with veggies, potato, tuna and eggs. Cooking the potato and beans together helps build it fast. —Valerie Belley, St. Louis, Missouri
Featured In: 50 Easy Weeknight Dinners
- 1 pound red potatoes (about 2 large), cubed
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup oil and vinegar salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 4 hard-cooked large eggs, sliced
- 3 pouches (2-1/2 ounces each) light tuna in water
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until tender, adding green beans during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain potatoes and beans; immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine salad dressing, lemon peel and pepper. Divide romaine among four plates; arrange potatoes, green beans, eggs, tuna and tomatoes over romaine. Serve with dressing mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Quick Nicoise Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Quick Nicoise Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review