Quick Mushroom Stew Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pound medium fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1. In a Dutch oven, stir the soups and water until smooth. Add meat and bay leaves. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. Stir in potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and tapioca. Cover and bake 1 hour longer or until the meat and vegetables are tender. Discard the bay leaves before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 297 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 552mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Quick Mushroom Stew
"I was confused that the recipe didn't call for browning the stew meat before putting it in the oven, so I dusted the meat with flour and then browned it. I followed the recipe as written for the rest. Turned out pretty good. My husband and my picky 98 year old mother both enjoyed it, especially the mushrooms. I will probably make it again and we are looking forward to the leftovers!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.