Quick Mulligatawny Recipe
When I was a boy, my father frequently traveled to India on business. He brought back many curry recipes, but mulligatawny was the family favorite...and still is!
- 1 can (19 ounces) lentil soup
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed tomato rice soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. In a 3-qt. saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove bay leaves before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 210 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 351 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Quick Mulligatawny
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC