I often fix this meat loaf since it's such a time-saver. It's also great in summer because I don't need to heat up the oven.—Becky Cain, Hutchinson, Kansas
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cracker crumbs (about 6 crackers)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, brown sugar and mustard; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the egg, onion, cracker crumbs, salt, pepper and 3/4 cup of the sauce mixture. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into a uniform round loaf in a greased microwave-safe 9-in. pie plate. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 15-17 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°, turning dish a quarter turn every 5 minutes. Drain; top with remaining sauce mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Microwave Meat Loaf in Country Woman September/October 2003, p35
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Quick Microwave Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2012
"This was a very good meatloaf.I almost did'nt try it because it was microwaveable.But was pleasantly surprised of thegreat flavor."