Quick Mediterranean Pizza Recipe
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 container (8 ounces) small fresh mozzarella cheese balls, drained
- 1 thin slice prosciutto, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch sugar
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, prosciutto, olives and capers; set aside.
- 2. For dressing, in a small bowl combine the vinegar, mustard, pepper and sugar. Slowly whisk in the oil in a slow steady stream. Stir in chives and oregano. Pour dressing over tomato mixture; toss well to combine. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight; stirring occasionally.
- 3. To serve, transfer tomato mixture to a serving bowl using a slotted spoon. Garnish with fresh oregano sprigs if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Quick Mediterranean Pizza
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC