- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 container (8 ounces) small fresh mozzarella cheese balls, drained
- 1 thin slice prosciutto, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch sugar
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, prosciutto, olives and capers; set aside.
- For dressing, in a small bowl combine the vinegar, mustard, pepper and sugar. Slowly whisk in the oil in a slow steady stream. Stir in chives and oregano. Pour dressing over tomato mixture; toss well to combine. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight; stirring occasionally.
- To serve, transfer tomato mixture to a serving bowl using a slotted spoon. Garnish with fresh oregano sprigs if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Salad in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2009, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Quick Mediterranean Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2013
"Did this get misnamed? I don't think it's pizza....I'd call it a salad. Looks good, but definatally NOT pizza! ! ! !"