Quick Mashed Potato Cakes Recipe
What a great way to use up any remaining mashed potatoes! These light cakes cook up golden brown and have a wonderful butter-and-onion flavor. Kids and adults alike will love our Test Kitchen’s spin on a classic!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a large nonstick skillet coated with butter-flavored cooking spray, melt butter over medium heat.
- 2. Drop potato mixture by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet; press lightly to flatten. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
2 potato cakes equals 147 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 497 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC