Quick Mashed Potato Cakes Recipe
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a large nonstick skillet coated with butter-flavored cooking spray, melt butter over medium heat.
- 2. Drop potato mixture by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet; press lightly to flatten. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 155 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 525mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Quick Mashed Potato Cakes
"This recipe was fine, but I'm not sure it was worth the time to make since it didn't taste much different from just eating the mashed potatoes. I quadrupled the recipe to serve 5 people for two meals. It took forever to cook the 16 patties 4 at a time in the skillet. It just wasn't worth the effort for a whole family. I'd have been just as happy with straight-up mashed potatoes! We had it with meatloaf. Also, my 2 youngest kids wouldn't eat it any more than they eat mashed potatoes."
"Loved the green onion and parsley. I doubled the batch, using just one whole egg. Depending on the consistency of your mashed potatoes, you'll need to adjust the flour. I had Yukon gold mashed potatoes, which were very creamy, so I added extra flour and bread crumbs so the cakes wouldn't fall apart."