Quick Mashed Potato Cakes Recipe
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon butter
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a large nonstick skillet coated with butter-flavored cooking spray, melt butter over medium heat.
- Drop potato mixture by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet; press lightly to flatten. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Quick Mashed Potato Cakes(2)
Sort By :
This recipe was fine, but I'm not sure it was worth the time to make since it didn't taste much different from just eating the mashed potatoes. I quadrupled the recipe to serve 5 people for two meals. It took forever to cook the 16 patties 4 at a time in the skillet. It just wasn't worth the effort for a whole family. I'd have been just as happy with straight-up mashed potatoes! We had it with meatloaf. Also, my 2 youngest kids wouldn't eat it any more than they eat mashed potatoes.
Loved the green onion and parsley. I doubled the batch, using just one whole egg. Depending on the consistency of your mashed potatoes, you'll need to adjust the flour. I had Yukon gold mashed potatoes, which were very creamy, so I added extra flour and bread crumbs so the cakes wouldn't fall apart.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >