I first grilled this appetizing flank steak for my father on a special occasion. We loved it so much that I now make it this way all the time. The steak marinates overnight, so there's little last-minute preparation to worry about. —Ann Fox, Austin, Texas
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients. Add steak and turn to coat. Seal refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 6-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Flank Steak in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p31
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Quick Marinated Flank Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2014
"Very tasty! Marinade would work well for any cut of meat!"