Quick Marinated Flank Steak
I first grilled this appetizing flank steak for my father on a special occasion. We loved it so much that I now make it this way all the time. The steak marinates overnight, so there's little last-minute preparation to worry about.
- Ann Fox, Austin, Texas
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine
- ingredients. Add steak and turn to coat. Seal refrigerate for 8
- hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for
- 6-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness
- (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). To serve, thinly slice across the
- grain. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked beef equals 392 calories, 32 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.