"My husband and I love garlic, so we enjoy this pasta dish often," says Donna Yarham of Springfield, Missouri. Crushed red pepper flakes give this meatless fast-to-fix sauce a little kick, but you can adjust the "heat level" to your liking.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Hot cooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add
- the tomatoes, basil, pepper and red pepper flakes; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until liquid is
- reduced. Serve over linguine. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2/3 cup marinara sauce, calculated without linguine) equals 128 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 886 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1 fat.