Quick Maple Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups milk
- 12 large marshmallows, divided
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and salt. Stir in water until smooth. Add butter; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Add milk, eight marshmallows and flavorings; simmer until marshmallows are melted. Pour into mugs; top each with a marshmallow. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 304 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (36g sugars, trace fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Quick Maple Hot Chocolate
"Very tasty, though not as strong as I normally like my hot chocolate."
"I didn't use the salt, and will make it again!!"