Quick Maple Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups milk
- 12 large marshmallows, divided
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and salt. Stir in water until smooth. Add butter; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Add milk, eight marshmallows and flavorings; simmer until marshmallows are melted. Pour into mugs; top each with a marshmallow. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 304 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 0g fiber), 9g protein .
Reviews for Quick Maple Hot Chocolate
"Very tasty, though not as strong as I normally like my hot chocolate."
"I didn't use the salt, and will make it again!!"