Quick Maple Hot Chocolate Recipe
What sweet drink could be more popular when the weather's wintry than hot chocolate? Here, subtle maple flavor turn this favorite beverage into an extraordinary one...using a recipe from Marla Brenneman of Goshen, Indiana. Folks who favor marshmallows will want to add plenty on top!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups milk
- 12 large marshmallows, divided
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and salt. Stir in water until smooth. Add butter; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Add milk, eight marshmallows and flavorings; simmer until marshmallows are melted. Pour into mugs; top each with a marshmallow. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 304 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC