What sweet drink could be more popular when the weather's wintry than hot chocolate? Here, subtle maple flavor turn this favorite beverage into an extraordinary one...using a recipe from Marla Brenneman of Goshen, Indiana. Folks who favor marshmallows will want to add plenty on top!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups milk
- 12 large marshmallows, divided
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and salt. Stir in water until smooth. Add butter; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Add milk, eight marshmallows and flavorings; simmer until marshmallows are melted. Pour into mugs; top each with a marshmallow. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Maple Hot Chocolate in Country Woman January/February 1999, p14
Reviews for Quick Maple Hot Chocolate
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review