Quick Maple Hot Chocolate Recipe
What sweet drink could be more popular when the weather's wintry than hot chocolate? Here, subtle maple flavor turn this favorite beverage into an extraordinary one...using a recipe from Marla Brenneman of Goshen, Indiana. Folks who favor marshmallows will want to add plenty on top!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups milk
- 12 large marshmallows, divided
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and salt. Stir in water until smooth. Add butter; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Add milk, eight marshmallows and flavorings; simmer until marshmallows are melted. Pour into mugs; top each with a marshmallow. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Maple Hot Chocolate in Country Woman January/February 1999, p14
Reviews for Quick Maple Hot Chocolate
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2011
"Very tasty, though not as strong as I normally like my hot chocolate."
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2010
"I didn't use the salt, and will make it again!!"