Quick Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions, adding peas during the last two minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in macaroni and peas. Chill until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat cheese and reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 276 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 544 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Quick Macaroni Salad
"This overall is a great macaroni salad. I doubled it and also added the ingredients which i put in my own salad: 1 tsp lemon juice, 1/4 tsp. celery seed & 1 tsp. sugar. It tasted just like mine that way, but with different ingredients. Even my 10 month old daughter loved it (she especially loved the cheese chunks!). The reason why I only gave it 4 stars is because I find macaroni salad dull that only has mayo, plus I like mine a little sweeter. But overall it's a good recipie!"
"My family really loves this classic macaroni salad. Its easy to make and very quick to make too. Great for hot summer dish!"
"My family really liked this salad.I will make it again."