Quick Macaroni Salad
Since I am not particularly fond of potato salad, I have always loved this macaroni salad.Carma Blosser, Livermore, Colorado
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, adding peas during the
- last two minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in macaroni
- and peas. Chill until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat cheese and reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 276 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 544 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.