Since I am not particularly fond of potato salad, I have always loved this macaroni salad.—Carma Blosser, Livermore, Colorado
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, adding peas during the last two minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in macaroni and peas. Chill until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Classic Macaroni Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p21
Reviews for Quick Macaroni Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review