Quick Little Devils
Enjoy the classic combination of peanut butter and chocolate in these speedy squares from Denise Smith of Lusk, Wyoming. A short list of ingredients, including devil's food cake mix, yields chocolaty results that are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and milk. Spread half
- the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. In a small
- bowl, combine marshmallow creme and peanut butter; carefully spread
- over cake mixture to within 1 in. of edge.
- Drop remaining cake mixture by teaspoonfuls over marshmallow mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: about 2-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 176 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.