Quick Lima Bean Casserole
This versatile casserole makes a delicious side dish for any meal. I've made it often for buffets and potlucks and it's always a crowd-pleaser. It can be prepared the day before, so it fits into any cook's busy schedule.
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 5 slices process American cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen baby lima beans, cooked and drained
- Additional cheese slices, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towel;
- drain, reserving 1 tablespoon of the drippings. Saute onion in
- drippings until tender. Stir in soup, cheese, beans and bacon. Cover
- and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Spoon into an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until casserole is
- bubbly and beans are tender. Garnish with additional cheese if
- desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.