- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 5 slices process American cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen baby lima beans, cooked and drained
- Additional cheese slices, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towel; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon of the drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Stir in soup, cheese, beans and bacon. Cover and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts. Spoon into an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and beans are tender. Garnish with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Quick Lima Bean Casserole
"I used canned lima beans instead of frozen. Will definitely make this again."
"I like lima beans, but have always prepared them the same way - with a little milk, butter, salt, and pepper. I was pleased to find a different way to fix them - this is an excellent recipe! They have the same texture as baked beans, with a really good flavor. Thanks for a new twist on an old favorite :)"