Quick Lemon Curd
Squeezing a few citrus recipes into the family menus is easy for Don's wife, Mary. She shares her popular recipe for Lemon Curd.
"This special spread is absolutely delightful," Mary confirms. "It's rich and smooth with a fresh lemon flavor. Sometimes, I'll thicken it a bit and put it in tart shells."
22 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Scones, biscuits or English muffins
- In the top of a double boiler, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in butter,
- lemon juice, peel and salt. Cook over simmering water for 15 minutes
- or until mixture is thickened and reaches 160°. Cover and store
- in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Serve chilled with scones,
- biscuits or English muffins. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 159 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now