Quick Jalapeno Hush Puppies Recipe
The crunchy exterior of these Southern-style snacks is a nice contrast to the moist corn bread. Jalapeno pepper and hot sauce add a hint of heat.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, jalapenos, onion and hot sauce. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 56 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Quick Jalapeno Hush Puppies
Reviewed May. 3, 2016
"Great taste. Quick and easy to make."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC