Quick Jalapeno Hush Puppies Recipe
The crunchy exterior of these Southern-style snacks is a nice contrast to the moist corn bread. Jalapeno pepper and hot sauce add a hint of heat.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, jalapenos, onion and hot sauce. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 hush puppy equals 56 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Quick Jalapeno Hush Puppies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC