Quick Italian Spaghetti
Quick Italian Spaghetti has been a standby for Ruth Peterson of Jenison, Michigan for some 40 years now. "I can make it in a jiffy, and there's no other spaghetti recipe my husband's even interested in trying!" Ruth says.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Cooked spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Bacon bits, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, sugar,
- Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add olives; simmer 5 minutes longer. Spoon over spaghetti; sprinkle
- with cheese and bacon bits if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 158 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 738 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.