Quick Italian Spaghetti has been a standby for Ruth Peterson of Jenison, Michigan for some 40 years now. "I can make it in a jiffy, and there's no other spaghetti recipe my husband's even interested in trying!" Ruth says.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Cooked spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Bacon bits, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add olives; simmer 5 minutes longer. Spoon over spaghetti; sprinkle with cheese and bacon bits if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Quick Italian Spaghetti in Taste of Home February/March 1993, p15
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Quick Italian Spaghetti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review