Quick Italian Spaghetti Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Cooked spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Bacon bits, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add olives; simmer 5 minutes longer. Spoon over spaghetti; sprinkle with cheese and bacon bits if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Quick Italian Spaghetti
Sort By :
"I made the sauce and it was okay. Very basic and a bit unusual but I was missing my garlic. So then I went and changed it all together. I added fresh basil, fresh tarragon, garlic, and a little bit of red wine vinegar."
"Very good and a bit different than the usual tomato sauces... I made this a while back and am looking forward to making it again tonight along with a recipe for linguine with spicy garlic oil that I found in another magazine..."
"I wanted to try a spaghetti sauce that was a bit different. I ran across this one that sounded good. Well, it was more than good; the black olives did the trick, I think. My husband says to make it again the next time we have spaghetti."