- 2 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 small green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 brat buns, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons shredded Italian cheese blend
- Place sausages and water in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover; cook 5-10 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove sausages and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute pepper and onion in oil until tender. Return sausages to pan. Stir in spaghetti sauce and basil; heat through. Serve sausages on buns with sauce and cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Quick Italian Sausage Sandwiches
"Browned the sausages on the grill and used th Classico spaghetti sauce as another person suggested. It was great!"
"This was a very easy and quick recipe to make. It was delicious! My husband can't wait for me to make it again!!"
"Boiling the sausage took much of the flavor and made for grey and awful looking sausage?? I don't understand why they were boiled!"
"I have made this for years but use Dr. Pepper when I saute the onions and peppers and I also use a little seasoned salt. I use lots of onions and peppers. I also use the sweet Italian sausage. They like to heap them up on the sausage. Easy and everyone always wants seconds.I will use this recipe Sunday or Monday."
"To make this for a crowd-partially grill the italian sausages on a gas grill until browned and grill marked, then place them in a roaster. Cover with raw green peppers, onion, fresh mushrooms, canned diced tomatoes with italian seasonings. Use as much as you want! Then cover all with spaghetti sauce. I always add a packet of dried spaghetti sauce to my liquid sauce to thicken it up. Bake @ 325 for approx. 2 hours until sauce thickens and browns around the edges. WONDERFUL! Serve on italian buns with shredded mozzerella cheese! Can also be eaten with pasta! Best meal ever!"