Quick Italian Salad
Salad's never been speedier than this! Gather up a few greens and vegetables, then make your own dressing by mixing together a mere five ingredients you most likely have right on hand.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Romaine or other lettuce
- Tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumber, olives and/or other vegetables of choice
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, Italian
- seasoning, salt and pepper; shake well. In a large bowl, combine
- lettuce and vegetables. Add the dressing and Parmesan cheese if
- desired; toss to coat. Yield: 1/2 cup dressing.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 142 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.