Quick Italian Broccoli Salad
Brighten up your winter meals with this crisp and colorful salad. Tomatoes, broccoli, mushrooms and red onions mingle with crunchy water chestnuts, all draped in a zesty bottled dressing. Dorothy Myrick of Kent, Washington shared this recipe.
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, onion, water chestnuts and
- mushrooms. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Add tomatoes; gently toss. Yield:
- 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 38 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.