Brighten up your winter meals with this crisp and colorful salad. Tomatoes, broccoli, mushrooms and red onions mingle with crunchy water chestnuts, all draped in a zesty bottled dressing. Dorothy Myrick of Kent, Washington shared this recipe.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, onion, water chestnuts and mushrooms. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Add tomatoes; gently toss. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Italian Broccoli Salad in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p18
Reviews for Quick Italian Broccoli Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review