- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 whole graham crackers, halved
- Mix pudding and milk according to package directions; refrigerate until set. Fold in whipped topping and chocolate chips.
- Place 24 graham crackers on a baking sheet; top each with about 3 tablespoons filling. Place another graham cracker on top. Wrap individually in plastic wrap; freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Serve sandwiches frozen. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Quick Icebox Sandwiches
"This was great, didn't have any graham crackers (don't care for them anyway), so I used chocolate chip cookies instead. I also used about 5 oz. of cream cheese (had it on hand) and reduced the amount of milk for a creamier consistency. Will definitely make again."
"I first tried this exactly as written and decided to see if I could firm up the filling a bit ..... Decreased the milk by 1/2 cup and added 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese. I whipped the cream cheese until smooth and creamy, then added the Cool Whip to the cream cheese. When the pudding/milk mixture has set up, fold in the cream cheese/Cool Whip mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips last. Refrigerate for approximately one hour prior to assembling the sandwiches. Results in a thicker consistency which allows for easier assembly and a creamier texture to the 'ice cream' filling. Also increases the yield to about 34 sandwiches. (Have tried regular cream cheese and Neufchâtel with no discernible difference to the end result.). ~~~~ Kids and adults just love these!"
"Very light and refreshing! My meeting group loved them! I kept the pudding mixture refrigerated while I was wrapping up the sandwiches......made 6 at a time so the mixture wouldn't get too warm. Not so sloppy fixing them like this. Good stuff!"
"I use chocolate graham crackers, line a 8x8 pan cover with well chilled filling, top with more grahams. Then, freeze. It is easy to slice along the edges of the grahams once it is well frozen. Using sugar free or lowfat is fine, it is still a yummy easy to make treat."
"I wouldtry this with low-fat everything and then use Oreos"